Caboolture Lakes Bowls Club had its original beginnings as the War Veterans’ Home and Caboolture District Bowling Club, which was established on 19th May 1953. It was originally built in the grounds of the Caboolture War Veterans’ Home.
In 1977, the club signed a lease with the Caboolture Shire Council to lease about 1.1 hectacres of land in the Centenary Lakes. The greens were constructed in 1978 and the clubhouse completed during 1979. That same year, the club was renamed Caboolture Bowls Club and later changed its name to Caboolture Lakes Bowls Club in 2000.
The club faced financial difficulties between 2000 and 2006. The battle to save the club had members taking part in many protests that attracted national TV attention and club members narrowly escaped eviction, which was set to take place on 15th May 2006. Fifty members of the Club travelled to the Brisbane District Court to support a delegation of six from the Club who had to sit through a ninety-minute hearing. Things looked a little gloomy until a last-minute successful offer from the Caboolture Sports Club, meant that the twenty-seven year history of the Club would continue.
After the purchase in 2006, Caboolture Sports Club invested heavily in the refurbishment of the existing building and greens and the complex was renamed Centenary Lakes Sports Club & Function Centre.
Today, Caboolture Lakes Bowls Club continues to operate from the venue, with a steady membership of approximately 170 members aged between 22 & 91. The club operates both mens and ladies fixtures Wednesday to Saturdays, while also participating in regional Pennants & Super Challenge competitions.